I actually found myself painting again last night. Inspired by experimenting with washes I started on a unit of chaos marauders.
I was looking at what I could achieve with a gold base coat and different coloured washes over the top.
I used black as a first wash on half of them
And brown on the other three
I waited till that was dry and repeated with the same shade to get a darker tone to the armour.
Then over the top of that I used colour washes to see what kind of effect I could get. I used red, purple, green and blue just to see what would happen.
I went back and highlighted some of the edges and then did the detailing and skin but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm not sure if i'll do more figures using this method but it certainly is something to keep in my back pocket. I'l show the unit when i get it finished which should hopefully be nearer the end of the week. Cheers.